Thursday, January 12, 2012

Book Addicts Unite!

If you know me well (or even just a little bit) you know that I am a certified book addict.  I can't get through the day without reading just a few pages of my latest book, I subscribe to book magazines, I love my book group, and have been known to read a particularly good book at stoplights.  What you might not know about me is that I'm also a book geek. For many years, I've kept a running log of what I read, page totals and rated them on a rudimentary system so I can remember the ones I really enjoyed.  My husband just shakes his head...

This year I'm stepping it up.  When I finish a good book, I love to recommend it to people.  Often I get a glazed look and the "How do you have time?..." question so this year, I decided to post my reviews for those of you who really enjoy books and might benefit from my opinions.  There is nothing a book addict likes better than feeding another's addiction.  So, here' goes. 

What I'm planning to do is review whatever I'm reading and post it here.  I read a wide variety of books, mostly fiction, that I hear about at book group, or in a magazine, from other book friends, or on the web.  Some say I have a penchant for books about the west, which I guess I own up to, but truly I love well plotted books with some action and adventure and really well drawn characters.  My greatest criteria is that a book has to be well written to make my cut - no unbelievable dialogue or serious grammar gaffs. 

So I hope you'll follow me on this journey.  As you know, we book lovers always like a good discussion, so feel free to comment and recommend books yourself.  Hopefully we'll both enjoy a year of great reading together.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read along with you! Our book club is reading Swamplandia now. I'm just a few dozen pages in but it's really well written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! You'll like today's post. Swamplandia made my top list for 2011. I really enjoyed it. Anything as quirky as that appeals to me. I'm glad you've joined the blog.

      Delete